I built this library because I love books and sharing stories with people. I hope you enjoy it! Here are some guidelines for using it:
- The basic rule is take a book, leave a book. If you don’t have a book to leave, that’s okay. If you have a few books to leave, that’s okay, too.
- Most of the books have stamps in them. This isn’t because I need you to return them (though if you enjoy it, it would be nice to share with others), but more to show that it’s been here, like a visa stamp in a passport. Feel free to keep the book or donate it to another little library if you want!
- The left cabinet is for non-fiction, like biographies, histories, technology, cooking, science, etc., mostly for teens and older. The middle cabinet is for young adult and adult fiction, and the right cabinet is for kids’ books (both fiction and non-fiction), from board books through middle grade. If you are dropping stuff off, putting things in the proper cabinet helps everybody!
- If you want to drop off some books but the cabinet is full, there are a lot of other little libraries and other places to take books. If you want to find other little libraries, check out the Little Free Library map here.
- This library is for great books. Please don’t put trashy books, badly beat up books (though a little wear is fine), sales or proselyting pamphlets, or propaganda in the library. If you’re not sure, ask me. I make the final decision on what is appropriate for the library.
- As you can see, I’ve also added a few bookmarks and stickers in the library, too, so feel free to leave that sort of thing here. We’d also accept reading glasses (cleaned), hand sanitizer, and good school supplies.
- Kids! Keep an eye out on the chalkboard of your door for CHALLENGES with PRIZES! I’m going to randomly put a little challenge on the back of your door. If you complete the challenge, come to my door (we’re in the beige/brown house on the left, not the blue house on the right) until you find me at home and I will give you a prize!
- If you notice broken parts or leaks or other issues, please let me know as soon as possible so I can fix it.
Thanks for your support!